Online electronic journal club
We are currently investigating which platform will be used to host the journal club.
Proposed benefits of the online electronic journal club:
- Creation of a collegial and supportive electronic platform for discussion and debate on practice and research
- Introduction to the concepts of evidence-based practice, research and critical appraisal techniques for novice researchers
- Refinement of research skills for more experienced researchers in critically appraising research, evidence-based practice and broadening of research knowledge base
- Encouraging researchers to utilise the evidence to develop their own research projects
- Provision of insight into an expert researchers’ perspective on specific topics and articles.
An initial scoping exercise is being undertaken to gather evidence that can be utilised in the design and implementation of the online electronic journal club. Read more about this scoping exercise here.